- This event has passed.
Piers Festival 2018
October 6, 2018 @ 9:30 pm - October 7, 2018 @ 2:00 amFree
Multicultural Arts Victoria presents the 2018 Piers Festival, a celebration of the Station and Princes Pier’s pivotal role as a historic gateway to our diverse cultures and a symbol of Victoria’s growth and identity today. This year’s program embraces an ethos of collaboration: highlighting incredible cultural tradition, friendship and artistic expression.
This year’s festival will be based at the iconic Station Pier and will host a global feast of activity and entertainment. Main stage acts will include folk theatre and Balkan Blues band, Saray Iluminado; the surreal, funny and heartfelt Siblings cabaret show (by Mikelangelo and Anushka); and Spanish gypsy meets Afro-Cuban band, Karavana Flamenca, complete with dueling flamenco guitars.
Other program elements throughout the day include:
- Port Walks: Pier Stories: historical walking tours with Janet Bolitho. More information and registrations here.
- Nostos Ou Topos’ (Return Home to No Place): individual stories of displacement, migration and the internal search for home
- The Mechanical Variety Hour: a bizarre roving spectacle of puppet-illusion and performing musical machines
- The Village World Kitchen:live food performance and storytelling stage
- Tina’s Tiny Theatre: puppetry, visual art and interactive theatre appealing to audiences of all ages
- Community craft workshops, tarantella dancing, cultural stalls, delicious food and much more!
Multicultural Arts Victoria is proud to be running this event again in 2018.
6 October 2018 (Saturday)
11.30AM – 4.00PM
Station Pier, Port Melbourne (Tram 109 from Southern Cross Station)